South Carolina should be interesting. What a clusterfuck if Edwards wins it.
Hillary is really just making me sick to my stomach, just listened to her "winning" speech. Obama I think pretty much blew it tonight, had he won tonight this thing could've been over by South Carolina. Overall, I think we as a nation need a Democrat in office to help us economically but if Hillary gets the nomination I just can't see myself voting for her. The only Republican I could vote for is McCain and thats out of just pure respect for the man. I really think he would be the wrong person for the wrong time, it would make the Iraq war drag out even further. I don't think we as a nation need that. Giuliani is dead, Edwards is dead, and so are most of these other guys are done as well. I think were done to Clinton/Obama and McCain/Romney/Huckabee. Out of that bunch I'm rooting for Obama but I'm seriously considering voting for a third party candidate if this crew winds up on the ballot come November. I'm starting to think the only way the Democrats are getting my vote is if it's an Obama/Edwards ticket. Sorry I'm rambling but as a Democrat I just can not believe that we as a party are going to run Hillary for president, my God Jimmy Carter was better.
[img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]
South Carolina should be interesting. What a clusterfuck if Edwards wins it.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PVFAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Giuliani is dead, Edwards is dead,</div></div>
Neidermayer...DEAD! [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]
[U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
[U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
Thats great CC.
Word of advice, do not watch Hillary in High Def. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif[/img] Now I know why Bill fooled around so much. It was bad enough in standard def.
I liked listening to Obama's speech much more than Hillary's. The fake "thank yous" that you couldnt hear even though the mic was on. They were so over done.
I didnt catch any of McCain or the other Republicans speeches, but I wish Fred acted like he cared about it.
"Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08
Democrats and economics...I'll be laughing all day.
[IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NotSoSilentBob</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Politicians and economics...I'll be laughing all day.</div></div>
Fixed for you.
I want to vote for a democrat, but it looks impossible:
Obama refuses to salute the American flag, if you vote for him, as our president, you seriously need help...
Hillary, well it's not that I don't think a woman can handle it, I just don't know if she personally can handle the crushing blows she would recieve if things go south under our first woman leader...And I assume there would be 2-5 assasination atempts on her weekly...Plus the Rockafellers have ran our country once for 8 years, lets let another american money power have a turn...
So, I too will probly throw my vote in the trash on a third party
Need A Penny? Take A Penny...Need 2 Pennies? Get A Job!!!
[img]http://content.clearchannel.com/Photos/sports_photos/College/Football/james-davis-GI.jpg[/img]
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Obama refuses to salute the American flag </div></div>
Do you have a link?
[img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]
NVM, I found some information on it.
[img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]
Here is what Obama said about it:
Obama responds to flag photo
by John McCormick
MUSCATINE, Iowa ? The photo continues to circulate on the Internet and a voter here this afternoon asked Sen. Barack Obama to explain why he did not have his hand over his heart in front of a giant American flag when the other candidates standing next to him did.
Calling the viral e-mail a "classic dirty trick," the Illinois Democrat told his supporters to correct the record and that the image is not what it appears to be.
"This is just so irritating," Obama responded. "This was not the Pledge of Allegiance. This woman was singing the Star Spangled Banner. Now, I was taught by my grandfather that you put your hands over your heart during the Pledge of Allegiance. The Star Spangled Banner, you sing. So that's what I did."
The photo was taken this summer at Sen. Tom Harkin's annual steak fry in Indianola, Iowa.
"These aren't the only e-mails that are going out," Obama said. "You've got e-mails saying that I'm a Muslim plant that's trying to take over America and this and that and the other."
Obama, speaking to about 350 people in the gymnasium of a community center, advised a polite response to those sending around the message.
"If you get this e-mail from someone you know, set the record straight," he said. "You don't have to curse them out, just tell them that they are misinformed."
Earlier, in an interview this morning with Radio Iowa, Obama said he makes no apologies for aggressively challenging Sen. Hillary Clinton in recent weeks.
"The politics of hope has never meant that we ignore difficult problems and it certainly doesn't mean hoping that your opponents aren't going to point out contradictions or difficulties in your record," he said.
"Voters don't want manipulation or lies or distractions from the issues," Obama said. "I do think that the voters want to get clarity about what the various candidates stand for, want specific answers to some of the tough questions that we're facing."
Obama said it was "pretty surprising" that former President Bill Clinton had warned his wife's critics that they were entering "Cutesy Land" by questioning her patriotism in a way the group of so-called "Swift Boat Veterans" did with John Kerry in 2004.
Obama said the question over whether illegal immigrants should be given driver's licenses was handled in a "civil" way during last week's debate.
"She then got tangled up in her own answer," Obama said. "Now, the notion that somehow that was the equivalent of 'Swift-Boating' is a little far-fetched and I think that the Clinton campaign itself would probably acknowledge that."
[img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]
Bookmarks